Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just another rainy Monday afternoon with Emily and her time machine...

















Yesterday I started out the day picking tomatos from my garden and spent about 3 hours making homemade tomato sauce, then I proceeded to cut out pieces for a new dress that I'm sewing and decided to finish off the evening by making honest-to-goodness from scratch chocolate chip cookies (no store bought dough ever enters this house!). So either I'm the coolest chick in town, or more likely, I'm an 80 year old woman trapped in a 28 year old body.

Though I've made my career through metalsmithing, I have a true lust for all things handmade. I prefer to think of myself as "homey" and not some sort of separatist Luddite. Sure, the convience of factory made stuff is great, but quality handcrafts have such greater value. I've been talking quite a lot about doing some tutorial videos for this blog, but haven't quite figured out how to make a video or edit it (any techie who wants to give a hand feel free!). But, for now, I think I'll start doing some photo documentation so I can rattle my head off to any of you kind folks willing to listen. So here's a taste of what's to come and anybody who wants to try out the wares, just mosey on down to the homestead and we'll split some cookies over tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment