Tuesday, September 14, 2010

5 Years of Art School at Work


Our jewelry store isn't like other jewelry stores... why use only standard black velvet displays when that twisted log in my backyard looks so rad? Buddha coin bank was just cryin' out for some necklaces... and antique iron trivets- I think I can find a good home for those. We have an incurable habit of leaving every park, antique shop, yard or basement with pockets full of miscellaneous objects and debris that somehow can be worked into a jewelry case display. Sometimes it can be awkward to explain when standing in line at the supermarket with 3 pounds of Goya dried beans- "Making soup tonight m'am?" "Uhhh.... not exactly". The folks at Home Depot seem the most confused as to what exactly I'm making, but I've learned that the simple phrase "It's for an art project" will usually receive a bland stare and an "oooh, ok" and will avoid further questions. Maybe we need more avenues to express our inner artists or maybe we just made too many dioramas as kids.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece of jewelry. Nicely stored and displayed. It is pocket full of miscellaneous object and beautiful designs.
    Diamonds FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!! Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community. ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. bakırköy ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete