Saturday, September 4, 2010

We're #8 !!!

Nyack, NY has been proclaimed #8 "Coolest Small Town in America" by Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine 2010. In your face Medicine Park, Oklahoma and Egg Harbor, Wisconsin (#9 and #10)! Just kidding -I'm sure they're lovely too. Anyway, we got a small mention of our shop, Torch Song Metals, and a picture of my very messy... I mean productive workbench. Other highlighted shops include: Franklin Antique Center across the way from us and jam-packed with fun stuff, Winter Wednesday Flowers which had beautiful arrangements but has sadly closed, Patisserie Didier Dumas our nextdoor neighbor friend who makes the best French pastries this side of the Atlantic, The Hudson House renowned for it's fine cuisine and delicious cocktails, and Riverview B&B which I am not familiar with, but that's just because I live here and therefore have never gone looking for a great place to stay. And just a note: there is not a floating mansion above our main drag- the scan just shows what was on the other side of the page... though I'm sure we would have made #1 if it was real... maybe we better get to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment